Xamarin University Code of Conduct
This code of conduct outlines expectations for participation in Xamarin University, as well as steps for reporting unacceptable behavior. We are committed to providing a welcoming and inspiring community for all our students. As such, students are expected to use common sense and courtesy, respect other students and our staff, and focus on their academic success. Students who choose to not follow these expectations will be held accountable and possibly removed from the program with no refund. Inappropriate behavior that disrupts our programs or alienates other students will not be tolerated.
These standards provide a high-level set of expectations that each student agrees to when participating in any Xamarin University event, however it is not an all-inclusive list – the driving focus should be on respecting others and optimizing the learning experience. If you have any questions about expected behavior or the presented code of conduct, please contact email@example.com.
Standards for Student Conduct
Each student is expected to:
- Be friendly and patient with others. Remember you might not be communicating in someone else's primary spoken or programming language, and others may not have your level of understanding.
- Behave in a responsible manner when participating in any Xamarin University class or exercise
- Be on time to any registered live classes, and if late, not be disruptive to the class when joining
- Prepare for each class; downloading the appropriate materials beforehand and have the development environment ready to go when appropriate
- Focus on the class materials and not distract other students during live presentations; this includes unsolicited private chats with other students that are not part of the class discussion
- Comply with instructions from the trainer for any live class
- Respect the other students, volunteers, and Xamarin University staff
- Cooperate with and assist the Xamarin University staff in maintaining safety, order and discipline so the learning environment is optimized and engaging to all involved
Students shall not:
- Do anything illegal or coerce others (even unknowingly) to participate in illegal activity
- Use profanity or vulgar language or upload obscene materials or images
- Threaten a student, employee, or volunteer, either in a live class, or in any provided social environment for interaction such as a meetup or Xamarin University clinic
- Engage in bullying, cyberbullying, or harassment. Students can report an incident to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engage in conduct that constitutes sexual or gender-based harassment or sexual abuse, whether by word, gesture, or any other conduct, directed toward another person, including a student, employee, or volunteer
- Engage in inappropriate behavior or indecent exposure
- Engage in inappropriate verbal, physical, or sexual conduct directed toward another person
- Record the voice or image of another without the prior consent of the individual being recorded.